Friday, March 02, 2007

Just for You

(c) Staci Stallings, 2005

We noticed the moon on our way to our vacation spot. It was hard not to notice it. It was like an eclipse without being an eclipse. There was only a sliver of the shiny part like a lopsided smile at the bottom. However, the outline of the entire orb was clearly visible. Very cool indeed.

Now, normally I don't make it a point to notice the moon. Occasionally, if it's interesting - orange, for example - I do see it. And honestly, I see it more than I give myself credit for. It's just I'd never noticed that I noticed. You can be sure that I will for forever after this weekend.

You see, God sent me five and a half hours away from home and set it up just so He could show how much He loves me and make me smile at the same time. While on vacation we attended a small church in a tiny community. The readings were ones God had pointed out to me over the past few weeks, which was cool.

Then the priest got up to give the sermon. He began talking about how God doesn't just want service from us. He wants a personal relationship with each one of us.

Strange how that was the exact message of everything I'd been reading. Then he said something that really surprised me. He said, "It's like the moon. Do you realize that God put the moon right there just for you."

It's like God saying, "Hi there!" in the sky. I look at the moon and frankly a lot of things differently now.

Thanks God, for that lesson - five and a half hours from home.

~*~
Check out Staci's Shoutlife page: http://www.shoutlife.com/stacistallings You'll feel better for the experience!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home